It takes a village, so we asked our community for their top tips for expectant and new Mamas and here are just a few of our favourites. We hope these help and inspire you and if you have any mom life hacks that we missed, leave us a comment!
- Grab a size 1 or 2 diaper from your stash
- Rip an opening on the side with the tabs to create an opening
- Stuff with ice
- Fold the back side over the opening and secure in place with the tabs
- Now you have a iced padsicle that won't leak!
- Dispose when the ice starts to melt and repeat as needed
Diaper Bag Diaper Organization
Instead of having loose, rumpled diapers that you have to dig around for in your diaper bag, grab one of these cute and incredibly functional diaper huggers. They are made by one of our favourite Canadian baby brands Dear Heart Co.
Invest in a Ruggable Rug
Anytime you can have something in the nursery that is both beautiful and practical it's a huge win! Ruggable rugs have a machine washable cover that you can easily throw in the laundry anytime there is a spill, a spit-up or any kind of a mess. One less thing for you to worry about Mama!
We know you probably have heard this one already, but just in case you haven't, make sure to add blackout blinds to your nursery shopping list. Anything that helps babe and you get more sleep is a must have.